Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tell me
And I promise not to be a shrew.
Atleast I’ll try.
Which is good, don’t you think
histrionics ironed out, honeyed smile,
which you’d spot;
anyways these days I mind
my P’s and q’s
edgy over “rude arrogant”.
we could talk,
over latte and masala chai
(personally I think char sau rupya is much too much)
but since we cant, or we wont
just tell me
bet you wont, loyalty, hurt and a funny life.
Don’t you know by now
That people are to be taken
Salt and pepper sprinkled
A bit of garnish
Or like a photo, cropped.
A tape, edited
Free of jump cuts, raised voices, slurs and blurs?
for a voice that jars
best is toned out, stone deaf
Or overlay a sing-song, it always works.
The world’s a stage, play on, Sam.
So tell me
And I’ll listen
I promise not to be a shrew
Atleast, I’ll try

2 comments:

mystic rose said...

i read this again and again. flows very well..

just this one line.. the world's a stage, play on, Sam seems kind of laconic.

amazing as always!

austere said...

ricer :) WHY? hrrmph nice.

mystic- is, too. ty.

About Me

Moody Libran. Not very social, cant stand pfaff but you wouldnt know it; Would you care for a nice cup of tea, deah?