Monday, June 11, 2007

(caution: language)

Sweetheart

“You didn’t pick up the phone?”
“ I was busy. Training. A new language. Programming. Anyway…”, she shrugged, pulling at her T shirt and looking away.
“You didn’t call back later?”
“ I was out. With...with Lopa. You know Lopa?”
“So you couldn’t call me because you were out with some girl. Wow! No. Which Lopa is this now? What group is she in?” he asked, making a note to check with the contacts he’d made at her office on Orkut.
“ Banking vertical. She’s going to US this week. On site. So…”
‘”You’re finance vertical, right? Why is she suddenly your best friend, my sweet arrogant liar?”
“Don’t talk to me like that.”
“I will talk the way I want, you arrogant bitch! Why the hell was your cell busy all the time?” he shouted, pinching her hard.
“The signal…”
‘”Shut up! You’re fibbing again!” and with a change of tone, “ Love, you know I hate to make you cry. You know I can’t breathe without you. Please?”
Pushing a glass of water across the table, “Don’t cry, baby! Please? You know I can’t, just can’t bear to see you weep, oh God please?”
“ What did I do?” she asked, trembling.
‘”Questions! Questions! I don’t like questions. You know that. And you still push me…You dumb floozy, don’t do this, okay, or you’ll be sorry…!”
“But what did I say?”
“You bitch! I’m not good enough for you anymore, right? Got yourself a new lover? You won’t come away with me. You won’t take my calls. All this new-fangled tech stuff. Mad arrogant bitch! But I won’t let you go. No, not now! I divorced my wife. Messed up my service record. Blew up a fortune. Let you go? No, not now, no way.”


(296 words for sub.)
Kaushambi Layek, RIP


2 comments:

mystic rose said...

this is so close to being real it hits you right in the middle of the stomach.
wow! excellently written.

austere said...

Ouch.
Cant get that kid out of my mind. May she rest in peace.
ty.

About Me

Moody Libran. Not very social, cant stand pfaff but you wouldnt know it; Would you care for a nice cup of tea, deah?