Thursday, May 17, 2007

A wrong mail,
a cyberspace foul-up. Happens.
A mail meant for another austere, his austere,
A delicate missive on scented winds
mis-mailed with an extra initial
Sits proprietarily in my mail box.


I read, first slowly, line-by-line
a half-smile, in-the-gut envy
words you’ll never say.
“I smile when you do, breathe when you will it
Miles apart, but our hearts race as one
awake to your sunshine touch, atremble
giddily joyous, tearily grateful
each moment a dream, a dance, a prayer…”
A delicate missive on scented winds


“A wrong mail…”
“to whomsoever it may concern”, I write.
You love her, child
like an emerald rainbow, like a mother, like gravity,
the exploding universe, gasping breath
a sobbing smile, existence?
I want to ask.
“just be very happy, all the very best” I say instead.
This stranger latched on to words unsaid.
“keep the faith” he shot back,
“ I don’t know, but just keep the faith.”

4 comments:

mystic rose said...

I would be envious too.. :),

of the expression if not of the love.

austere said...

eh mystic.
so cute, no?
all in flowing gujju too.

mystic rose said...

*grin*

u r a wonderful translator/creator then. :) not everyone can do justice to flowing poetry in Indian language translating into English.

austere said...

well to stretchhhhh a point. quite elastic, as a matter of fact.

About Me

Moody Libran. Not very social, cant stand pfaff but you wouldnt know it; Would you care for a nice cup of tea, deah?